Belize City is the largest city in Belize and also the country’s main port and its financial and industrial hub. It is located at the mouth of the Haulover Creek, which is a tributary of the Belize River. It was the capital city of British Honduras (as Belize was then named) until the government was moved to the new capital of Belmopan in 1970. Belize City has an area of 35.667 km2 and a population 57,169 (2010 census).
+501 223 2302
+501 223 3333
- Taxi Driver: Mervin Domingo - Taxi and tour service for chartered and business trips +501 666 4196
Transportation from Belize City to the islands
San Pedro Belize Express – very reliable and recommended water taxi service between Belize City, San Pedro (Ambergris Caye) and Caye Caulker with 9 daily trips between the islands. Service from/to Chetumal, Mexico is also available.
Tours, domestic flights and transportation to other destinations in Central America
Mundo Maya Travels and Deli is a local family-run and very recommended business that caters to all your transportation needs, tour organization and hotel bookings. Their services include:
- Booking comfortable and safe bus transportation (Fuente del Norte and Maya de Oro) between different destinations across Central America, including Guatemala, Mexico, Belize, Honduras and El Salvador
- Getting thorough information regarding crossing borders on international bus routes
- Booking easy transportation to the world-famous Maya ruins site Tikal in Guatemala, very close to the Belize-Guatemala border
- Booking domestic flights in Belize with Tropic Air
- Tours in Belize including zip lines, cave tubing, Maya ruins, Belize Zoo, fishing, scuba diving and snorkeling
- The shop is well-equipped with unique souvenirs from Belize, and also snacks and drinks for onward travels