Belize Travel Tips
Exemption from visa requirement to Belize for Israeli citizens
Israeli citizens with a valid Israeli passport are NOT REQUIRED TO HAVE A VISA TO BELIZE at each of Belize’s entry points, including border crossings from Guatemala and Mexico, at the airport in Belize City or maritime arrivals.
A treaty was signed between Israel and Belize in December 2012 to cancel the need for a visa for the citizens of the two countries.
Travelling to Belize?
Here are some links with useful information about tourism in Belize:
Flights to Belize
Direct flights from Mexico City to Belize with Aeromexico
Entering Belize with a Car
Information updated on June 26, 2015
Tourists entering Belize with a car from Guatemala would enter through our western border crossing at Melchor/Benque Viejo. From there it’s a 80 mile (130 km) drive to Belize City.
Tourists entering Belize with a car from Mexico would enter through our northern border crossing at Chetumal/Corozal From there it’s a 90 mile (145 km) drive to Belize City.
All vehicles are required to have third party insurance an approximate US $3.00 per day which is bought at point of entry.
An exit tax is charged on individuals upon leaving country.
Parking is available at the hotels in Belize City, then you take a taxi to the water taxi terminal for the cayes (islands). The San Pedro Belize Express water taxi is the most recommended as they are very professional and reliable.
Belize - Guatemala border crossing
All travelers are invited with open arms to cross at the Belize-Guatemala border. Please behave respectfully, follow the instructions of the immigration officers and obey the law. Make sure your stay in Belize does not exceed your visa.
Recommended Contacts and Services
Here is a list of reliable contacts that can help make your trip to Belize a pleasurable experience, or help out in cases of emergency:
- Attorney/Lawyer: Mr. Philip Zuniga is a very reliable attorney in Belize City, for business purposes and in cases of emergency +501 223 7075
- Taxi Driver: Mervin Domingo - Taxi and tour service for chartered and business trips +501 666 4196
- Taxi Driver: Floyd at the taxi stations near the Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina in Belize City +501 605 6072
- Medical Clinic: Very reliable doctor in Belize City (completed course in Rambam Hospital in Haifa, Israel) +501 223 7872
- Transportation to the islands: San Pedro Belize Express - very reliable and recommended water taxi service between Belize City, San Pedro (Ambergris Caye) and Caye Caulker with 9 daily trips between the islands. Service from/to Chetumal, Mexico is also available.
Tours, domestic flights and transportation to other destinations in Central America
Mundo Maya Travels and Deli is a local family-run and very recommended business that caters to all your transportation needs, tour organization and hotel bookings. Their services include:
- Booking comfortable and safe bus transportation (Fuente del Norte and Maya de Oro) between different destinations across Central America, including Guatemala, Mexico, Belize, Honduras and El Salvador
- Getting thorough information regarding crossing borders on international bus routes
- Booking easy transportation to the world-famous Maya ruins site Tikal in Guatemala, very close to the Belize-Guatemala border
- Booking domestic flights in Belize with Tropic Air
- Tours in Belize including zip lines, cave tubing, Maya ruins, Belize Zoo, fishing, scuba diving and snorkeling
- The shop is well-equipped with unique souvenirs from Belize, and also snacks and drinks for onward travels